Solutions for a smarter distribution grid
Bringing intelligence to the low voltage grid is vital to achieving the objectives of an overall ‘smart’ grid. Among other things, ‘smart’ distribution grids help companies:
- Know the health of major assets in near real time
- Identify in detail, the load those assets are serving
- Pinpoint problem assets before they cause trouble
- Minimise maintenance costs while simultaneously maximising uptime
- Scientifically value and prioritise projects and capital investments
- Co-ordinate and integrate capacity from distributed generation and/or storage solutions
Utilities who wish to monitor and control the performance of their distribution assets are seeking robust, accurate and affordable real time sensing solutions. These must be easily integrated with existing and planned communications and IT platforms.
Product development for the smart grid
For companies seeking to develop solutions, the challenge is to combine performance, interoperability and cost. Sentec can help. We combine an outstanding track record in sensor development with a deep understanding of the fast moving smart grid market.
Working with Sentec provides
- A partner with clear understanding of your market’s requirements and challenges
- Access to world class product development expertise
- A flexible and easy to target resource
- Cross fertilisation of technologies and know-how from outside the industry
Sensing for smart grid monitoring
For clients with specific challenges in robust, accurate current sensing solutions Sentec can also provide its own proprietary technology for license. We have a range of sensors providing a new, innovative approach to current sensing for medium and low voltage applications with the potential to dramatically reduce costs of installation and maintenance, opening the way to a new generation of applications for grid control.
Our sensors provides very high accuracy out of the box regardless of positioning, making them ideal for retrofitting on existing assets. Performance is maintained over the full lifetime of the sensor, without any need for in situ recalibration and the sensor can be integrated with any communications solution.
More information about sensing solutions can be found here.
- Case Study
Smart Home Energy Management Product for Milbank
The challenge - one stop home energy management The requirement of the I-ATS is to providean integrated metrology, control, communications and protection solution to manage electrical sources (e.g. wind…